If the one wi-fi name feature is enabled on your extender, then it is next to impossible to change the wireless settings of the extender through the Netgear extender setup wizard. You will have to login to the router to change the Wi-Fi network settings. If you don’t know how to login to the router, then no need to worry. Just open the link which says ‘How to login to the Netgear router’ or read the guided manual of your router. You will find stepwise instructions on that manual.
Yes, if no one Wi-Fi name feature is enabled, then you can change the settings of your Wi-Fi network even from the web interface of your extender.
Now, the steps to change the extender Wi-Fi settings are:
- Open a web browser from your computer or smart device and it must be remembered that the device from which you are going to open the browser must be connected to the extender.
- Login to the extender. If you have not enabled the one Wi-Fi name feature, then enter www Mywifiext net setup in the browser web address space. If the feature is enabled, then enter the address in the same manner and add local as a suffix.
- For android devices, enter IP 18.104.22.168 in the space.
- A login page will appear.
- Enter the username and password in the first two fields. Tap ‘Login’.
- Enter into the ‘Settings’ page from the home interface.
- All the wireless settings will be displayed.
- If you want to change the SSID, then click on the ‘Change SSID’ option.
- To change the password, enter the ‘Wi-Fi password’ option.
- Tap ‘Save’. All the settings will be saved thereafter.
After this, all the smart devices will be able to connect to the extender through the new SSID. You must select the new SSID from the list of wireless networks displaying on the screen. In case you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact our team of technical experts available round the clock.