There are a number of different reasons why you would choose teeth whitening treatment. Maybe you just want your teeth to be a bit whiter which makes you confident in public places.
Others may need to get their teeth as white as possible before having veneers, crowns, dentures or wear, etc. Whatever your reason may be, it is important to get your teeth properly prepared. Check this out to get more information about teeth whitening treatment.
Before Your Teeth Whitening Treatment
* Be sure to assess the level of tooth sensitivity. If you find you are too sensitive to hot or cold food and drinks, it is best to consider lighter products such as toothpaste or toothbrush treatment. If they do not do the trick for you, then you will be able to switch to products known to cause an increased insensitivity.
* This is a wonderful idea to have your teeth professionally cleaned by a dentist or hygienist to remove plaque or Tarter build. If you start with a set of completely clean teeth, to begin with, the end result will be much better.
* If you plan to use a bleaching product, or laser / light treatment, use reduces sensitivity toothpaste for about a week before the beginning of teeth whitening treatment.
After You Whiten Your Teeth
* Try, if possible, to avoid or limit coffee, tea, cola, sweet treats, and cigarettes. The more you consume, the faster you will have to bleach it again.
* Brush at least twice a day and floss at night. Many people limit themselves to once a day brushing, which leaves the door open for stains and cavities to form.