If you are searching for the procedure for configuring the range extender on your home network, then we are going to provide the steps for the same. If you are also seeking information like ‘How do I do Netgear Genie setup’ then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, turn on the extender by connecting it to the power source and connect it to the computer.
- You can use the wireless or physical connection to connect the extender with the computer.
- Open the web browser on your computer. It can be any like internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome.
- Now, the Mywifiext.net link will automatically open. If it is not opening automatically, then enter the IP address of the extender manually.
- As soon as the page gets open, you will find the Genie screen in the front.
- Enter the login username and password. These are default credentials.
- Once you log in, you will find the ‘New extender setup’ screen. Click to proceed further for setup.
- If you find difficulty login to the account, then you can contact the experts.
- Follow stepwise instructions to hook-up the range extender with the router and connect the wi-fi devices to it.
If you want, you can keep the SSID of the router and the extender the same. If you don’t want to keep the same, then change it immediately after the setup. For more information related to basic settings, you can contact experts.